I thought these could look cool and improve the overall aesthetics of my games. So here's how I made them:
|I described what I wanted to my local supplier with a laser cutter (Olympian Games). |
He quickly knocked up the design and the laser cutter quickly made fifty of them for me!
They are 50x50mm, with seven 12x5mm cut-outs (for the trenches).
|I covered in PVA glue and flocked with Woodland Scenics 'Earth Blend'.|
|I had some 50x50mm steel bases from a previous project. |
These are to glue to the bottom of the other base. Card or styrene could be used also.
|I painted them brown, so the steel wouldn't be seen in the bottom of the trenches.|
|...and stuck it to the bottom of the base. |
Some infantry were stuck in the trenches with PVA glue.
These had previously been undercoated (brown), dry-brushed (yellow ochre),
painted with Army Painter Quick-shade, and matt varnished.
|I wanted to give the impression that soil from the trenches had been piled behind the holes.|
For this, I used some Vallejo 'Brown Earth' basing gel.
|(This is the product)|
|Once dry, I dry-brushed the "soil" with a light sand colour.|
The infantry helmets were also highlighted, and their faces and rifles painted.
|Final touches were adding some of the grass blend I use for all my bases, |
then added some static-grass clumps.
|The finished dug-in infantry on the table.|