Sunday, November 13, 2016

Blast From the Past

There's a lot of love in the community for Cold War gaming at the moment, brought on by the huge success of Battlefront's "Team Yankee". Which is just great, because it's always been my first love too.

However, it seems I've suffered complete relapse to the 80s. So much so that I just picked up a copy of this baby on eBay!!:



Lots of supplements too!

Twilight 2000 was one of my favourite ways to spend some hours with some of my mates at school in the late 80s. It had it all; military action and adventure in a post-apocalyptic Europe (and in later modules, US). Role playing, and up to skirmish-level when gaming small unit actions.

Not sure what I'm going to do with it (I don't know if I'd be able to find anyone to play?), but the nostalgia value alone makes it worth it!!

11 comments:

  1. Loved this game too! When I visited Krakow (a few years ago now) all I could think about what that first adventure module as I walked around the Wawel and "Wow- thats where we stole the Mi-8 from" :-)

    I'm definitely in for a game when we both get back to Canberra mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved that series. I still own almost every expansion but haven't used them in over 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was part of a group that played this for a bit. I also have fond memories of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was one of the best systems and the bloodiest. RPG-ers often found out how fragile the human is. Ran the Caribbean Pirates with friends when we were in the British Virgin Islands. Yes rum was involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely you only mean the rum that your still produced to power your Humvee?!

      Delete
  5. Heck I'd be in on that even from here in Far North Queensland! Didn't know anyone would be keen on Twilight (of the non sparkly Vampire kind thank goodness! ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put a reply on one of your earlier blogs, but thought i should add it to your latest as well... I'm a rules writer and our last set of rules were written specifically for 3mm, i'd be more than happy to email you a play test set if you would like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I'm not in the position to playtest any new rules for the next 6 months or so. Is there a website or something where I can keep track of their progress in the interim?

      Delete
    2. This is our Facebook group:
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/204027419717386/
      A lot of our play test results and play test rules go up in the files on there. Would be great if you joined, any input is welcome

      Delete